Sterling Silver Mens Bracelet 925 – A Guide To 925 Sterling Silver Jewellery

Sterling Silver Mens Bracelet 925 – A Guide To 925 Sterling Silver Jewellery

July 08, 2016

Sterling Silver Mens Bracelet 925

When buying any type of sterling silver jewellery, it is important to shop with care. After all, not only does sterling silver look striking, but also it can become more and more valuable as time passes by. One way to make sure this is the case is to purchase a sterling silver mens bracelet 925. However, you will need to be mindful of any fakes. Read on to discover more about this type of sterling silver.

So, what are mens sterling silver bracelets 925? ‘925’ refers to the fact these bracelets are made from 92.5 per cent pure silver. The remaining 7.5 per cent is made of a type of alloy, in most cases this will be cooper. This is a lot different to silver plated jewellery. This is when a type of alloy or metal is used, and then a layer of silver is placed over the top. The problem with silver plated jewellery is that it can tarnish easily and be scraped off.

When purchasing a 925 sterling silver chain or bracelet, it is important to ensure you end up with the real deal, as there are a lot of fakes on the market. The first thing you need to do is make sure you purchase from a reputable company. Assess their website thoroughly, make sure they have a considerable amount of experience, and read reviews that have been left by past clients. If you come across a considerable number of bad comments, you should be very wary.

There are also some tests you can carry out once you have the sterling silver mens bracelet 925 to make sure that it is not a fake piece of jewellery. One of the easiest tests to do involves a magnet. If you place your bracelet near to a magnet and it is attracted to it, it is not sterling silver. Sterling silver is non-ferrous and should not react to the magnet.

Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.